All OBX & EC Weddings in Duck

OBX & EC Weddings

The Outer Banks of North Carolina is one of the top wedding destinations on the East Coast. There are miles of pristine coastline, romantic sunsets and amazing venues.

OBX Marriage License Laws

Marriage licenses are issued by the Register of Deeds located in Manteo. Both parties must be present at the office to apply for the license. The following items must be presented:
• A picture ID
• Social security card of another certificate with your social security number listed, such as a W2 form or old pay stub
• Birth certificate if under 21
• Divorce papers with Judge’s signature
The license is $60 and good for 60 days after issuance. The Register of Deeds can be reached at (252) 475-5970, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The office is closed holidays and weekends. Dare County uses a local magistrate instead of a justice of the peace to perform wedding ceremonies. These ceremonies are performed in the magistrate’s office in Manteo on Driftwood Drive, (252) 475-9228. A marriage license application can be filled out at locations throughout the state of North Carolina and can be used anywhere within the state.

    • sanderling logo

    Sanderling Resort